[Zao Onsen Ski Resort ①] Slopes Information (2022-2023)
There are 14 slopes and 11 courses in an area of 305 ha, and it is a ski resort that can be enjoyed from beginner to advanced.
You can choose a course that suits you, such as a course that passes through the Snow Monsters area, which is suitable for beginners and intermediates, and a difficult slope called “Yokokura Wall” with a maximum slope inclination of 38°.
Please visit again and enjoy various courses.
● Tatsuyama Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Utopia Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Nakamori Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Uwanodai slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Shobunuma Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Diamond Valley Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Sunrise Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Kotan Slopes (Ski: Beginner/Intermediate/Board: Intermediate)
● Kurohime Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Yokokura slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Paradise Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Omori Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Hyakumannin Slopes (Beginner/Intermediate class)
● Central Slopes (for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
●Zangezaka course (Beginner・Intermediate)
Hahnenkamm A/B course (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Snow Monsters area course (Beginner・Intermediate)
Hahnenkamm C Course (for Intermediate)
Contact course (for Beginner/Intermediate)
● Ohira course (for beginners and intermediates)
● Kurohime Super Giant Course (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Takatori Course (Beginner・Intermediate)
● Omori Giant Course (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
● Paradise Detour Course (Beginner・Intermediate)
● Kurohime Connection Course (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
Zao in Winter! Sightseeing info to enjoy the snow” ]
Recommended for beginners [Ohira course]
It is a long course with a total length of about 5 km that connects Paradise Shoubunuma Slopes and Uwanodai Sunrise Slopes. There are many gentle slopes with a course width of around 30m, but there are also steep slopes on the way, making it a popular course with many variations! Even beginners can fully enjoy it.
Recommended for intermediates [Million People Slopes]
Located in the middle of the Snow Monsters area course, at the bottom of Utopia Slopes, it is a wide single slope with a maximum width of 200m and a minimum width of 100m. The view from the slopes is also good, and it is also a contact point for the upper and lower slopes and courses, and it is crowded with families and groups.
Recommended for advanced users [Wall of Yokokura]
Yokokura Wall is known as the most difficult part of Zao Onsen ski resort, with a maximum slope inclinaiton of 38 degrees. For 300m, there are steep slopes with an inclination of 30 degrees or more, and if you fall on the way, you won't be able to stop until you reach all the way down. (Not recommended for beginners and intermediates)
When you come to Zao, this is the place! [Zangezaka/Snow Monsters area course]
If you come to Zao, you can't miss this course! The longest course of Zao Onsen ski resort (approximately 8 km), connecting from Zangezaka course, passing through Utopia Slopes and Hyakumannin Slopes to Yokokura slopes. This is a course where you can fully enjoy frost-covered trees and powder snow.
- [Zao Onsen Ski Resort ①] Slopes Information (2022-2023)
Zao Onsen, Yamagata City
- Official site
- Main menu
✤ Snowboard Park ✤
・Diamond Wave (Diamond Valley)
✤ Night Slopes
December 24 (Sat.), 2022 to February 26 (Sun.), & March 3 (Fri.), 4 (Sat.), 10 (Fri.), 11 (Sat.), 2023
*Yokokura slopes night skiing has been canceled for the 2022-2023 season.
✤ Jukky Snow Park ✤
Produced by Zao Onsen’s mascot character “Juhyo no Jukki-kun”!
Kids space where children can play with snow.
Mid-January to mid-March 2023 (subject to change depending on snow conditions)
Omori Slopes, Nakamori Slopes, Uwanodai slopes (Sunrise Slopes)
Zao Cableway Association
[Summary] Yamagata Year-end and New Year (2022-23) Events
[Feature] Sweet Potato! Six shops for these winter sweets
[Feature] Yamagata ramen! Recommended spicy miso ramen shops
[Feature] Q1 (Kyuichi)! Yamagata’s newest creative city center facility
[Feature] Zao Brewery & Crang Dining! Craft beer and local food