[Summary] Snow Park Feature! Venues in Yamagata prefecture to enjoy snow activities
When you think of winter activities, you think of skiing and snowboarding, but do you know about the snow parks where anyone can enjoy winter activities?
There is fun for children and adults alike, including activities such as banana boat rides pulled by snowmobiles and run on the snow, driving snowmobiles, and snow sledding with full force.
Here are some recommended snow parks in Yamagata prefecture.
◆ Mt. Gassan Snowland
Mt. Gassan Snowland in Nishikawa Town opened in December 2020 as a facility where children and adults can enjoy playing in the snow.
Even if you are not good at skiing or snowboarding, Snowland is sure to enjoy the snow as much as you want.
It can be used without a reservation, but it is better to make one in advance.
From January 8 (Sat.), 2022 to around April
Open only on weekends and holidays
* Subject to change depending on weather conditions
Morning session: 10:00~12:00 (apply from 9:30)
Afternoon: 13: 00~15:00 (apply from 12:30)
Apply at the Yubaridaira Park Plaza .
You can apply on site or make a reservation.
You can use the facility for changing clothes, resting, using the restroom, etc.
500 yen / person if making a reservation
1,000 yen / person if applying on site on the day
* Includes accident insurance
* Free for preschoolers
* This is only for admission and does not include fees for the activities
《Reservation half-day ticket》
Adult : 2,500 yen (3,000 yen without reservation)
Elementary school students : 2,000 yen (2,500 yen without reservation)
《Reservation 1-day ticket》
Adult : 3,500 yen (4,000 yen without reservation)
Elementary school students : 3,000 yen (3,500 yen without reservation)
* Free for preschoolers
* Includes admission and accident insurance
・ Banana boat
・ Snowcat cruise
・ Drift tube
・ Snowmobile cruise
・ Snowshoe tour
・ Cross-country ski lesson
NPO Ecopro ☎0237-75-2780
◆ Lake Tokura Snowland
Lake Tokura is in Obanazawa, the city said to be the birthplace of the Hanagasa dance.
There are hot spring facilities, campsites, restaurants, activity facilities and more around the lake which you can be enjoyed in every season.
The attraction of Lake Tokura Snowland is that you can enjoy it for free (except the snowmobile rides which require fees).
Why don’t you come many times during the season and play in the snow?
January 9 (Sun.) to February 27 (Sun.), 2022
Glass Studio Asahi, Tokura Lake area, Obanazawa City
Free admission (cannot be reserved)
Snowmobile rides (only on weekends and holidays)
* There is a driving lesson for first time riders
Fee: 1,000 yen (20 minutes each time)
・ Snow rider
・ Air board
Obanazawa City Commerce and Tourism Division ☎0237-22-1111 (ext. 253)
Lake Tokura Snowland
1767-1 Nitobukuro, Obanazawa City, Yamagata Prefecture
◆ Kamuten Park Snow Country Wonderland
Kamuten Park is a 3-minute walk from the east exit of Shinjo Station.
You can easily enjoy playing in the snow empty-handed.
You can also experience the popular snow banana boat and snowmobile riding.
It is usually open on weekends and holidays only, but if you make a reservation 3 days in advance for 4 people or more, you can enjoy it even on weekdays.
Also, if you live in Shinjo city, you will be happy to know that the activity fees will be half price for you.
January 8 (Sat.) to February 27 (Sun.), 2022
Held only on weekends and holidays
* On weekdays, reservations for 4 or more people up to 3 days in advance are available.
Morning session: 10:00~12:00
Special venue in Kamuten Park
* If you come by car, please use “Shinjo Station East Exit Parking Lot”.
Adult (junior high school students and above) : 2,000 yen
Child (elementary school children and younger preschoolers) : 1,000 yen
* Half price for residents of Shinjo City (please show ID)
* The fee includes the snow banana boat, snowmobile riding experience, and sled rental fees.
* There is no admission fee
・ Snow banana boat
・ Snowmobile riding experience
・ Sledding (giant tire tube, connecting sled, snowboard type sled, etc.)
The Shinjo Snow Festival will be held on February 12 (Sat.) and 13 (Sun.), 2022, so it will be a special operation during the period.
Shinjo Tourism Association ☎0233-22-2340
◆ Dondendaira Snow Park
The Dondendaira Snow Park has attractions not only for children but for adults too.
There re snowmobiles, banana boats, and huge slides for you to fully enjoy the snow.
Please come with your family and friends.
January 15 (Sat.) to March 6 (Sun.), 2022
Open only on weekends and holidays
[Free pass (6 hours)]
Adult (junior high school students and above) : 3,500 yen (admission included)
Elementary school students : 2,500 yen (including admission fee)
[Free pass (2 hours)]
Adult (junior high school students and above) : 2,000 yen (admission included)
Elementary school students : 1,500 yen (including admission fee)
* You can experience everything in the park
* Elementary school students will experience riding a snowmobile with an instructor..
Adult (junior high school students and above) : 500 yen
Elementary school student : 300 yen
* You can use the snow slide, struck out, and snowshoes with this ticket.
* A separate coupon is required for snowmobile riding experience and banana boat riding.
Preschoolers (3 years old to before entering elementary school) : 300 yen
* You can use snow slides, struck outs, and snowshoes with this ticket.
* Snowmobiles and banana boats cannot be used alone.
1,000 yen (3 tickets)
* You can experience snowmobile riding and banana boat riding with this ticket.
* A separate admission fee is required
* Elementary school students will experience riding a snowmobile with an instructor.
* Preschoolers cannot ride on snowmobiles or banana boats alone.
・ Snowmobile ride experience
・ Banana boat ride
・ Snow slide
・ Struck out
Dondendaira Snow Park Secretariat in Iide Town Tourism Association ☎0238-86-2411
[Feature] gura! Food, design and people facility in downtown Yamagata
[Feature] Soba Shop Hiro! Classic Yamagata niku soba dish
[Feature] Shelter Inclusive Place copal! New playground facility for children
[Feature] COZAB GELATO! Gelato in Yamadera
[Feature] Fun for the summer! Sunflower Maze in Nakayama Town