Mizu-no-Machiya Nanokamachi Gotenzeki
Gotenzeki is one of the five former weir (irrigation canals) areas in Yamagata City.
It was used to carry agricultural and domestic-use water for over 400 years, and part of Gotenzeki also flowed to the moat of the Yamagata Castle.
The area was redeveloped in 2010 utilizing the old-fashioned masonry canal and was renamed Nanokamachi Gotenzeki, now a place of relaxation for citizens and tourists.
The complex made of the main building and warehouses hosts 8 unique shops including restaurants but also souvenir shops.
- Mizu-no-Machiya Nanokamachi Gotenzeki
2-7-6 Nanukamachi, Yamagata City, Yamagata Prefecture
● Approximately 7 minutes by car from Yamagata Station
● Approximately 60 minutes by car from Sendai Station
● Approximately 30 minutes by car from Yamagata Airport
● Approximately 8 minutes by Benichan Bus from Yamagata Station (2 minutes on foot from Nanokamachi bus stop)
- Official site
[Feature] Cybele Factory Park! Famous Yamagata sweets
[TAKEOUT] Soba Shop Shojiya (Gotenzeki Nanokamachi)
[Summary] Illuminations in Yamagata prefecture! Five recommendations
[Feature] Sato Gyuniku-ten! Meat shop with a new branch in downtown Yamagata
[Activity] Shippo-yaki Accessory! Make your own cloisonne enamelware